Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Highlights


Old Timer at about 7 weeks old.

Pappaw and Nana came over to help with the gingerbread house.
The kids are holding their new ornaments. Bud chose a dinosaur, Sugarfoot chose a pink piggy, and I chose a stork holding a baby for Old Timer.
Cousins on the husband's side of the family. K--- and S--- with our kids. The new cousin is still TBA thanks to a tricky position during the ultrasound!
Our very Christmassy family!
Look who found his thumb! A sure sign easier days are coming for Mommy and Daddy!
The kids were in a cute little nativity in the foyer of church last Sunday. Bud was a sheep and Sugarfoot was an angel, as always. Ha! I signed them up for the nativity before I realized I had to provide their costumes, but they both turned out to be easy to make and lots of fun. I'm glad we did it!

Christmas cookie time! I wasn't sure if we would get to this, but by Sunday most of our major preparations were completed so we were able to enjoy this tradition.

Decorating the cookies at our friends' house. Mmm, just the way Daddy likes them - with lots of candy and sprinkles!


Our favorite tradition, Christmassing. At least that's what we call it. We show up on our friends' doorsteps with goodies in hand and hope they don't turn us away. It's best when they're all home and totally surprised! This is the first year I can ever remember not making a wide variety of candies and cookies. Instead I made cinnamon rolls for each family. It saved lots of time and money, and I think it was just as much appreciated!

Leaving out cookies for Santa. The apple for Rudolph is on the porch.

Christmas Day was the best ever this year! We live so close to our families that we had no travel stress. We got to stay home on Christmas day until the middle of the afternoon and had lots of time to play. We had a brunch featuring monkey bread and I think that's going to become a new tradition. Bud was really into the whole brunch idea. We also let the kids pick apart the gingerbread house after they saw their presents from Santa, before we opened stockings.
The cousins on my side of the family. Pappaw and Nana gave them all new jammies and they looked so cute! That's I---, O--- and L--- with our kids.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Ami!! The kids are so beautiful!! I can´t believe how grown up Wesley and Cora Rose look. Josiah is very handsome!!! Can´t wait to see you all! Give the kids a hug for me!