Thursday, November 06, 2008

Why Josiah?


Do you know who King Josiah was? The first time I read the whole Bible, he was one of the people who stood out to me the most. He became king of Judah when he was 8 and he wanted to serve God. One of his priorities was to repair the temple. He sent someone to the temple to give the priests money to hire skilled laborers, and it just so happened that the priest had just found the Law. When King Josiah read it, he repented. Then he read it to all of Judah who then repented and went into covenant with him to follow the Law. Then he quickly obliterated all traces of pagan worship that he could find. When all of this was completed, he and all Judah celebrated Passover as the Law commanded, in a way it had not been celebrated for years and years.


So our Josiah's name is inspired by a king who had a heart for God, who led his people back to God.

3 comments:

jessie said...

I love the name Josiah! If I were to have another son, I think I'd name mine Judah. I'm fond of that name, too. Anyway, Josiah's adorable!

Crystal said...

He is so cute! Can you believe how fast they grow?!?

little mama said...

Oh Ami, I am just dying to cuddle that sweet baby of yours. I miss you!