I attended the Midwest Homeschool Convention last week and I'm still trying to collect my thoughts. I went to more than 15 lectures in two and a half days and have pages and pages of notes I want to go through. My first sight of the vendor hall made me want to run and hide, but I learned so much in the lectures that my focus was streamlined and I ended up taking home nearly all of our curriculum for next year.
The list of speakers was impressive. I've been immersed in homeschool books since the birth of my eldest nearly 7 years ago, so brushing elbows with all the authors was absolutely surprisingly shocking to me. Catherine Levison! Jessie Wise! Susan Wise Bauer! John Rosemond! And even Tim Hawkins! Those are just the big names I knew. I became so startstruck and shy that I didn't even get my books autographed. Pathetic.
In the next few days I plan to outline many of the lectures I sat through, show off my beloved (and very heavy to carry at a convention) books, and give some pointers for attending this hugest of huge homeschool conference next year. Hopefully I'll remember them when the time rolls around!
2 comments:
Yeah, I want to know what cur. you decided on. I took work off so that I can go to the one here in June. Should be interesting and I'm sure I will be very overwhelmed :) I kind of have an idea of what I want to do next year, so I just need to not get sidetracked and go crazy in about 10 other directions.
Glad you had a good time! Did you go with the same cirriculum for every subject, or did you switch it up? I'm sure it was a bit overwhelming, and a lot of info to take in in such a short time...but well worth it!
Post a Comment