
Even though I say I hate computers, I do like free things that help me stay connected with my girlfriends! Since blogging is easy (important) and free (imperative!), I think I'll give it a second try. My first try was so pitiful, no one even heard about it! I still think of blogging as being something for the very cool people, so we'll see if I can handle it.
Yes, we feel a little isolated out here in the hills. Did you know there are only 3 other stay at home moms in the whole county, and I don't know any of them??? Seriously, I hope there are more than that...but I'm beginning to have my doubts. I'm thinking a lot and praying a little about starting a daytime women's Bible study. The obstacles coming to mind include finding childcare, and also finding women who are free during the day. I know of some, but they aren't very much like me. At all. Living here has meant accepting the friendships offered me, though, and not finding someone who is the same age, in the same socio-economic class, and who has made the same major life choices. This is really stretching me, and I know that as these friendships mature I'm going to be learning a lot and receiving some major blessings. Still, I miss those easy, comfortable relationships!!! There are no Lisas, Kristis or Dawns here when I want to hang out with someone during the day. You guys were such a luxury in Iowa! So on the days when I would pick up the phone and say, "Hey, who wants to go to lunch and the playground," maybe updating my blog and pretending I'm talking to you will be that luxury!
No comments:
Post a Comment