The Fall Festival at church was our Halloween alternative, and we got to do everything we could ever dream of! The theme was supposed to be missions and people from other nations. I think this was very challenging, because I kept just thinking of boy costumes that would either be loincloth only, or fancy embroidered clothes. Cora's costume was easy, because she could still wear her clothes from Daddy's trip to Japan last year. Just in time, I thought of dressing Wesley Jamaican. Check out those dred locks! It took a couple hours to make them, but it was worth the laughs. We coached Wesley beforehand, but we couldn't get him to say, "A mon, Jesus loves Jamaica," at the party.
The highlight of the party for the kids was probably seeing Abby as Cinderella, and even getting face paintings from her. Cora has no clue who Cinderella is, but she definitely gets the princess part. Now she has started dressing up in a tutu and pioneer bonnet and saying she's Abby's princess.Other cool festival activities were a cake walk, bouncy house, funnel cakes, costume contest (Wesley won!), hayride, games with candy prizes, and horse rides. Cora rode the horse all by herself, and I didn't even walk alongside!
I appreciated how the kids got a reasonable amount of candy. Last year we took the cutest picture of Wesley's organized candy. As soon as we got home, we had to organize this year's loot. He's so funny - he acts like it is just natural that candy must be sorted and organized before he can eat the first piece!

No comments:
Post a Comment