
We enjoy making a big deal out of Valentine's Day! This day was extra special because Eric took a vacation day. Since it was Thursday, it was pool day, and having Eric there was huge fun for the kids and huge help for me. By the time we get finished swimming it's usually after noon and we're all starving. We all wish we could go to a restaurant, but we never do because I'm too much of a health-conscious tightwad. But Daddy was with us, and it was a special day, so we did get to go out for lunch! Wish we could make that a habbit!
The kids took really long naps because, again, it was pool day, so Eric and I had plenty of time to enjoy the afternoon and get all ready for the party. When the kids woke up we made sugar cookies, and then Eric made valentines with the kids while I made our dinner of heart-shaped pizzas, girl smoothies and boy milkshakes, and popcorn.
The party began with dinner and included lots of activities drawn out of a bowl. We enjoyed playing Cootie, going on a treasure hunt and later a heart hunt, a little dancing, decorating cookies and exchanging valentines. The kids thought it was great that we made valentines for them, but they thought it was especially funny that Daddy actually made them a silly valentine.

Valentine's Day didn't end there, because Eric and I went on a nice date on Friday night. This was made possible by "Friends Having Fun," the new play place in town. A friend from church opened it last month, and they had a Parent's Night Out as a fundraiser for the youth group. A great time for us, and an equally great time for the kids.
1 comment:
That definitely sounds like a really special day for all four of you! I'm definitely envious of the date night. :)
Post a Comment