Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Huckabee, and I Don't Care!

We finally had our primary today! I have felt really frustrated that the republican nomination was settled upon months before we even got to vote. Very unfavorably settled upon, that is. Even though I feel very uncertain (okay, bad) about the presidential election, I still enjoyed some small victory today.

Huckabee's name hadn't been removed from the list of candidates, so I still got to vote for him. My presidential vote wouldn't have meant anything in the polls anyway, but at least this way it meant something to me.

As a side note, voting in the country has been a very prideful, fun thing for me and the kids. Every time we go, I tell the kids the whole way there how blessed we are to get to vote. When we get there, we get treats from our friend and deacon in our church, who works at the polls. And there's only been a line one time, and when we left that day my kids were sad we were leaving the "voting party." We love the small-town life!

No comments: