Friday, June 27, 2008

Make Your Own Pizza Pasta Salad



My best food idea ever!

This was swim week at the city home and we had friends over to swim three days in a row. That means three picnics packed and I really wanted to have special food for the kids. The only problem? Picky eaters. You never know what kids you're not around all the time will eat! This idea fed 10 kids (including some really picky ones) without a single complaint!

Whole grain or vegetable pasta, cooked and chilled (must be a cool shape)
Mozzarella cheese, cubed
Pepperoni slices, quartered
Red, green and yellow bell peppers, cut up
Grape tomatoes
Italian dressing

I put all the indredients in separate baggies and the kids got to pick what they wanted. It's hard for moderately picky kids like mine to pass up the pretty veggies, because this is food you get to play with! I thought it would be good with dressing on top, but no kids actuallly wanted it, and it turned out to be pure finger food anyway, which is good for the pool. I never saw so many kids sit still at the pool for such a long time just so they could eat!

No comments: