The rooms we've done look like what I saw when we first toured the house, but to the naked eye the house is unrecognizable. I knew these were pretty rooms, but now it's easy to see!
So here's the living room before:


And the living room after:

I wish we had taken a picture of the grime left around those giant bookcases! Aside from being a very un-living room color of blue, the room was very dirty. Think 5 pets and a well-used fireplace. We chose the exact paint color we had in our previous house because we loved it so much! Sprucing up the house is taking so long because in every room we are having to paint the ceiling, doors, and all the woodwork.
And the kitchen, now here was a piece of work! We painted, bought big new appliances, replaced two light fixtures, sewed curtains from extra fabric and ribbon in my stash, and Eric even had to install new baseboards. As a side note, I LOVE my new oven! We bought the biggest one and I can fit 4 cookie sheets in it. And the fridge is the biggest one, too, and even when it's filled with what would have been too much for fridges I've had in the past, there's still room to move stuff around. I appreciate my appliances at every meal and every snack in between! The kitchen before:

It's not in the picture, but over the sink there was what looked like a recessed light that was just put on the surface of the ceiling, not stuck up in the ceiling. So it was essentially a recessed light that wasn't recessed. It drove me nuts, so much so that we couldn't really envision what should go there. Eric suggested a drop light, and I think it looks perfect!

The kitchen after:
The nursery and Cora's room will be picture-ready soon. Stay tuned!
3 comments:
Ami,
What a gorgeous home you & eric have! I totally understand all the cleaning and painting you have had to do. The house we moved into was the same way. They had tons of pets and everything was filthy... but with a vision and lots & lots of tlc it's now beautiful! I know you must be worn out- but hang in there- it'll all be worth it!
Love,
Jessie
JUST BEAUTIFUL! The living room looks exactly like you guys now...and the kitchen seems so spacious and airy. Can't wait to see it in person one day!
HEY Self Family:) I found you again lol.. I seem to lose touch and then think about ya'll and what you're up to and Find ya .. Ami you have done an amazing job blogging. I'm not so great lol.. I put pics up and that's pretty much it.. Your family is adorable.. congrats on Josiah.. i love that name. k love ya'll glad everything is great with you! I update a website for Ava it is http://www.babysites.com/sites/avagrace2007/?seq=1 If i can get your email I'll add you to the list so it'll email you when I update each month.. ok be good.. stay in touch. my email is Cising@aol.com
Post a Comment