
I can't believe Wesley's 5, and that I've been a mommy for 5 years! I'm also having a hard time remembering that I'm not done and I don't have to be set in my ways - this new baby is a fresh start just like Wesley was 5 years ago.
Wesley is a fun kid, and definitely at a fun age. He is so compassionate and easy to get along with. I love watching how great he is at making friends and taking the lead. He's got those firstborn qualities down pat - I just hope we can make those all positive for him. He definitely has a strong desire to see justice and equality!

I was having some problems with false labor symptoms on party day, so I was not with it at all. Unfortunately this is the only party picture I have with the birthday boy, and my head's cut off!

Daddy and Wesley, a very excited Wesley! Preparing for the party was so much fun. Wesley wanted to be involved in all of it. He worked hard coloring race cars and taping them up around the house. He was very sad I wouldn't let him help decorate the cake, though.
Here's my brother and my mom. I flopped in my comfy chair and hardly got up for the whole party, so I'm very thankful to my mom and Eric's mom for taking care of all the hostess responsibilities. And of course Eric, who went out of his comfort zone to finish the food preparations on party day.
Wesley got such cool gifts! This is the Armor of God from Grandpa and Grandma and he's had fun playing with it. I was already thinking we'd memorize that passage of scripture next, so it will be even more fun now!
Wesley's main request was a desk. He spends so much time making things and he says it's hard to work on his toybox. When he wants to get toys out all his art supplies fall off! Lately he's been hard at work studying maps and making flags. He's been saying that he wants to go to all those countries when he grows up. Now he's just added to that, saying he wants to go to all those countries and tell people about Jesus.
We had a blue and green race car theme, although it wasn't carried out as far as our themes in the past. The cake was so much fun! It turned out like I wanted and our favorite part was how the cars were driving up the ramp of the mud race track.
Pappaw with Wesley and Cora.
Gramps and Granny with Wesley and Cora. They were very thoughtful and had the great idea to give Wesley a watch. He's been putting it on himself every day and is starting to learn what it says. Very cool!
Here's our birthday boy on his real birthday! Post hair cut. We had a laid back day with a junk food run breakfast, new friends over for lunch, out to Chinese for dinner, and time at the park downtown. It was a great day together, and a great birthday altogether!
No comments:
Post a Comment