Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gimme Gimme

We've got grandparents beating down the door, begging for Christmas lists around here! The only problem is that...the kids don't really need or want anything. The only toy stores these kiddos see are yard sales, and they usually don't get anything at them. And we don't watch TV, so none of us know what's available.

I'm sure there's some great toys out there, but you never really know if it will be a hit until the kids have had it for a while. So I'm asking for help. What are your kids favorite toys that you would recommend? Bud is 5 and Sugarfoot is 3. We're really stuck for Old Timer's gift list. Somehow I don't think the grandparents will think adding to the college fund is an acceptable gift idea. But what does a baby need or want? Bud was 2 before we (or Santa) gave him any gifts for Christmas!

I think some of the biggest gifts are covered. This is a secret, but my parents are getting them new bedspreads and the husband's parents are getting them scooters. But we still need to give ideas for other stuff, for other people who want to give gifts. (Sorry, this sounds so greedy!) So please send ideas for cool kid's stuff!

5 comments:

little mama said...

I'll have to think about that one... do the kids have cool piggy banks? I bet Wesley would think one of those electronic banks would be cool. I've seen some neat ones online that have different functions. I'm kind of stuck, too. I have some smaller ideas like I'm going to paint a wooden stool and decoupage their name on it (our biggest fight at toothbrushing time is who gets to stand on the stool!). I'll keep my eyes out for more ideas!

Janean said...

I'm sure you've seen them or used them before...but Jillian loves to color with markers, and of course--it's a mess everywhere. We really like the Crayola Wonder markers and wonder paper...they're a bit expensive, which is why it might make a good idea for a gift for someone else? It's about $7 for a coloring pad and markers...or you can just get the coloring pads. They also make finger paints and other stuff in the Crayola Wonder section. That's all I can really think of at the moment!

jessie said...

Sophia is always wanting to make jewelry with me, so for her birthday my mom is getting her a bead set for kids, so that way we can do our "bead work" together, and she'll stay out of my beads. What about diapers, lotions, body wash, or bath toys and such for Josiah? things that YOU would otherwise have to buy? Noah and Sophia both enjoy duplos blocks, mr. potato head, & play-dough is also a big hit--but very messy! Our little ones like to build and make things. They also LOVE music. Noah's request for Christmas is a mandolin--he's only 2! ha!ha!

Crystal said...

It's great that your kids don't watch TV, otherwise, they would want everything!! Ella watches TV when I am at work with the boy that I nanny for and she wants every toy that she sees a commercial for, even boy toys. I am in the exact same situations with Zeke. I just don't know what to tell people to get him besides clothes. Check out this website: http://www.creativekidstuff.com/. I found some good ideas on there.

jessie said...

Oh, I thought of something else. Sophia and Noah also love to cook in their little kitchen. They've got play food, pots, pans, plates, etc...