Thursday, November 06, 2008

Grieved

We are more than sad at how the elections turned out. So sad to see people voting who don't understand the issues. There is such a push now, with the bottom line being, "Just Vote!" We are so less educated in these matters than previous generations. I'm no exception, but at least the biggies are obvious to me.

Also, is the economy really the most important thing right now? (Even if it were, we aren't getting a president who will help matters.) What could be more important than life, family, and national sovereignty?

As I cuddle my sweet newborn, I'm sad to say goodbye to the most pro-life president we've had and hell-o to the most pro-abortion. Our president elect would just as soon have my son destroyed as he was being born, as he would have him laid on my chest to love and nurture...and in the process send his mama into a lifetime of hideous guilt and grief.

I'm currently reading about our history leading up to the Civil War, and I'm dumbfounded at how someone who's heritage was slavery, abuse, and the worst sort of oppression could view life in this way. A century and a half ago, he would have been considered a non-person...and that's what he himself is doing to others now. How can the lesson learned in the bloody tragedy of the Civil War be so easily forgotten?

We take comfort in our God, who is in control, even of the president's heart. Salvation - true salvation - is the only thing that will change our country. I hope the lessons learned in this election spur me on to action and lots of prayer, and that I don't easily forget.

4 comments:

jessie said...

Amen, Sister!!!

Crystal said...

I totally agree. You couldn't have said it better! I often have to remind myself that God is in control and He has a plan.

little mama said...

I told Jeff the other night that it feels like there's been a death in the family. I was struggling with being so sad, but at the same time knowing that God has it all under control, He has a plan, and all things will work together for good for those who love Him. And to cheer me up, a friend said, "Maybe the trumpet will sound on inauguration (spelling?) day, that will show him (Obama)." I did get a chuckle from that one. I think this election is much more important to me than others because of my family.

Anonymous said...

Ami,
I was just talking to Jamie last night about where our priorities should be right now. It is very unlikely that I will ever convience a liberal democrat to become a consevative republican, and yet, that shouldn't even be my objective. Instead I should be praying for God to change hearts (since he is the ONLY one who can). I should be less concerned that the majority of our nation voted for the most liberal senator in history to be president, but rather, more concerned that the majority of our nation does not know Jesus Christ as savior and as a result will spend eternity in Hell when they die. Lord, please continually break our hearts for lost people, the ones you loved so much you died to give them life everlasting!