I love my detailed menu, and I was diligent and checked the menu every night to see what needed to be laid out, soaked, or otherwise started for the following day. Also important to note: we had guests for a meal twice.
The bottom line: I had spent quite a bit of grocery money on December 30 stocking up on my husband's lunch food and various household products. Last week I spent $19 at Kroger on produce, manager's specials and a bag of popcorn. I spent $21 buying about 3 weeks worth of milk from the local dairy woman and a dozen eggs from a hobby farmer friend. My grand grocery total for the month is $99.
Considering I have meals planned until January 20, I've spent much less than half of normal. I am in good shape to really stock up at the Amish bulk foods store! I don't keep my pantry and freezer overly stocked, so it's very strange to see it dwindling down so low. On the other hand, I'm starting to get excited about defrosting the chest freezer!
Here's the delicious menu:
January 11
Banana crumb muffins, Chocolate smoothies (maybe or maybe not spiked with coffee)
Leftover King's Hawaiian bread & dip, tomato soup
spaghetti & meatless sauce, peas, garlic rolls
January 12
Eggs with leftover sausage bits, toast with jam
Sloppy Lentils on Homemade Pitas, carrot sticks, apples
Chicken Pesto Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers, salad, clementines
January 13
Oatmeal with dried apricots and prunes
Potato Leek Soup, cheese & crackers, clementines
Chicken Rice Soup, garlic rolls, apples
January 14
Rice Pudding
Out to lunch
crockpot venison stew, bread, apples
January 15
banana crumb muffins, smoothies
hot dogs, sweet potato fries, clementines
cheesy broccoli and rice with turkey, hot dog buns turned into garlic bread
January 16
cold cereal
leftovers
going away party: Cranberry Apple Cake, homemade soft pretzels
January 17
7-grain cereal with apples & craisins
leftovers
popcorn and smoothies
January 18
eggs and toast, clementines
tuna salad pitas, carrot sticks, canned pineapple
roast turkey breast, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls
January 19
chocolate-chocolate chip muffins, smoothies
black bean soup, crackers & cheese, canned fruit
leftovers
January 20
7-grain cereal with apples and prunes
veggie beef soup, crackers, clementines
spaghetti with sausage in the sauce, bread, peas
1 comment:
Your menu sounds great!
I'm definitely going to have to try the Sloppy Lentils...could I just order some Homemade Pitas?
Post a Comment