Monday, January 04, 2010

I'm back to blogging. Probably.

I like blogging, I really do.

I like reading other people's blogs. I really, really do.

But how does it all fit into my lifestyle? I'm slow at everything I do, which means I'm a slow blogger and blog-reader, too. And slow at deciding whether or not to blog.

I've thought about starting a brand-new blog. Wordpress? Blogspot? How do I think of a cool name? I wanted Cultivating..., but that's taken.

Decisions, decisions!

All that being said, and with me being slow and having gotten no further than thinking about blogging, I'm now just going to (probably) jump right back in where I left off. Probably.

While I haven't been blogging, I have been journalling more. And when I sat down, full of angst, to write down our Christmas letter, it made for a total turn-around in attitude. I love sitting down to write with only vague plans, and then just seeing what comes out.

I've been blessed so thoroughly by my new favorite blogs that I just have to join into the conversation. 2009 was a year of real growth for me, and I think much of it can be attributed to the encouraging blogs I've been reading.

Here are my favorite blogs of 2009:

1. Homespun Heart
2. Heavenly Homemakers
3. Passionate Homemaking
4. Holy Experience
5. Money Saving Mom

Don't you feel encouraged just reading those titles? Good stuff.

I'll be back with my own encouraging post, sometime. Probably.


2 comments:

jessie said...

Hey,Ami! Glad to see you're back to blogging, "probably"! :) I really love reading your posts! You're a blessing and an encouragement to me.
Love Ya!
Jessie

Janean said...

Glad to see you're back. I had checked here a few times....and was tired of seeing that same Valentine's PJ picture. :)