Friday, February 06, 2009

Arrrg, Matey!

I had fun exercising my cake decorating muscles this week! This cake is for Bud's friend. The best part was that I was just told the party had a pirate theme and from there I got to make whatever I wanted. Plus, I knew the mom wasn't expecting much. It was so much fun!I've learned to find really simple ideas that don't actually require real cake decorating skills. I've come a long way from Wesley's first birthday cake, when I vowed to get better at this art!

What a mess! You can't read it well, but it actually says, "Happy Day ____ Bug" because I ran out of room to write birthday! I pretty much gave up writing with icing at that point. But look how cute the baby is eating this mess!

5 comments:

jessie said...

What a cute, creative idea!

Crystal said...

Wow!! That is impressive! Great job.

Rebekah said...

Ami!!!
Your cake is BEAUTIFUL!!! and your decorating skills have DEF improved!! :)
I love reading your blog even though i don't leave a lot of comments.. lol (i'm terrible about doing that.. :D)
just wanted to say hi and i'm back in the states.. :D
Abby says hi too. Can't wait to meet Josiah Lee.
love,bekah

Anonymous said...

What a great job Ami! Did you make that for the Cameron I meet at your house on Thanksgiving? I bet he loved it!
Lydia

Anonymous said...

I was looking at this in AWE--and then laughing at your juxtaposition with the 1st year cake and the Happy Wesley eating away.