This has been such a nice winter!
I hear people saying they can't wait for spring, and generally murmering in displeasure. For some reason, I am completely aloof as to why we should be shrugging off these last few weeks of winter. It could be the fact that I live in Kentucky, not Iowa anymore, but I think the real reason is gratitude and making the most of every season.
As this winter winds down, I feel I have a new appreciation for winter altogether. I'm already looking forward to next winter, which is so strange because typically I would already be dreading next winter. So in honor of the season that is now my friend, I offer you another list of winter grattitude.
Winter Pleasures and Reasons to be Thankful
21. new-garden hope
22. 6 little ankles and 6 little wrists exposed by winter longs grown short
23. the smell of earth as snow melts under warm winter sun
24. oranges
25. al fresco lunch on a warm winter day while snow melts in piles beside me
26. fluffy snowflakes
27. mud boots for Mommy
28. baked oatmeal
29. hot soup every day
30. candlelight
Please leave your own list of winter pleasures and reasons to be thankful in the comments.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi there! Nice to meet another Ami. The only other Ami I knew was at the tiny liberal arts college I went to. It's good to know we're unique, but not THAT unique.
I can't say I haven't complained about all the snow we got this winter, but I do have to say that it's had some good moments, too. :)
Hi Ami!
YES! I did get a circle cutter, thanks to you - I'd never heard of them before! I had a 60% off coupon at Michael's and it is working great!
Have a great day,
Monica
Post a Comment