Monday, March 29, 2010

Showering

I have to post this picture because I'm so glad it's dress season again! I wear skirts and dresses every day in warm weather. Even for garden work! They're definitely cheaper, but I also think they're prettier and much more comfortable. I love my dresses, and I especially love it when my little girl coordinates with me!

C--- and I were invited to attend my cousin's baby shower last week and we got to provide the games. This was perfect for me because through all the baby showers I've hosted, I've found out what games really work. It is so easy now to plan games for showers since I no longer have to search for ideas!
I really only have two absolute favorite shower games. They work especially well for large showers. For the first game you do what C--- is doing in the snapshot below. That's right, you freeze little plastic babies in ice cubes! Each guest gets a cube in her drink at the shower. Whoever's baby is "born" first - completely thawed out - wins. The one rule is that you can't suck on it. I've bought the babies at Hobby Lobby and Michael's.


The next game is "Stork Bingo." This is the must-have game for large showers. I recommend having lots of prizes for this one, too. Each guest fills out a bingo card with baby items she thinks the new mom will receive. Things like diapers, bottles, onesies, blankets...you get the picture. As the gifts are opened, squares on the card get crossed off just as in regular bingo.

Sometimes (dare I say it?) opening gifts can get a bit boring at a large shower. This makes it much more fun! If you'd like to play this game at a shower, try clicking on the image below and then printing it with no header or footer. If it prints out nicely, this could save you a lot of work!

My mom was in charge of the third game at this shower. She melted candy bars in diapers and had the ladies guess what kind of candy bar each is. It's supposed to be gross, but I know a gross diaper, and these didn't phase me. Yeah, I could scrape that candy out and it if it I were desperate! Okay, enough of that! This game went over well, too.

I've figured out my favorite shower prizes, too. I make a bunch a of truffles to use as prizes. I like to make them, and I try to be frugal, and I don't like nic-nacs, so I think these are the perfect shower prize.

No comments: